If you live in the USA, you’d know that the Fourth of July is coming up. In fact, you’re probably at the liquor store right now reading this and thinking, “is there a way I can drink responsibly for America’s birthday? Healthier?”
I, personally, cut out alcohol from my diet. I like to drink a cold brew or tea in the morning, and lots and lots of H2O. I’m not here to tell you what to do, but for those of you who enjoy a drink on a holiday, or even while winding down after a grueling day and/or week, this is for you.
Believe it or not, there are ways to consume alcohol without completely compromising your health:
- Opt in for an antioxidant-rich red wine.
- Mix spirits with fizzy water/regular water.
- Go sugar-free with a Bloody Mary.
- Have a glass of water in between drinks.
- Enjoy your drinks with a meal.
- Eat before you drink, if you can.
Just remember, too much alcohol can cause weight gain, disrupt sleep, worsen anxiety, affect productivity, and may also cause sclerosis over time.
Also remember to NEVER drink and drive!!!
Stay safe out there, folx.
Leave a Reply